Best Indoor grills for Korean BBQ
You are a barbeque lover and used to visit the different restaurants. You had a Korean barbeque at a food place and you loved its taste. Now, you want to try it at your home but you don’t have any idea about the best indoor grills for Korean BBQ.
In this article, we have picked all the necessary required information that you need to know for buying best Indoor grills for the Korean Barbeque. By getting this information, your task of preparing the Korean BBQ at home will be easier.
Here, you will not only find the information about the best brands of indoor grills for Korean BBQ but along with it you will also get the tips about how to get the best performing Korean BBQ grill.
Owning the BBQ grill is a big plus for having wonderful gatherings. Before buying the best grill, you will need to keep several things in your mind. The most important thing to consider is your budget and during cold weather, its pleasing to have delicious BBQ cooked on the most budgeted BBQ Grills under $100 at home.
Following are the best Indoor Grills for the Korean BBQ
- Kitchen + Home Stove Top Smokeless Grill Indoor BBQ
- Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
- TECHEF – TRUE GRILL PAN – Stovetop Nonstick Indoor BBQ Grill
- New House Kitchen Stainless Steel Non-Stick Press Grill
- Tayama TG-868 Electric Grill, 15″ x 10″, Black
- Maxi-Matic EMG-980B Large Indoor Electric Round Nonstick Grill
- CookKing Korean Traditional BBQ Indoor Grill
- Hamilton Beach 25361 Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill
- George Foreman 9-Serving Classic Plate Electric Grill
1. Kitchen + Home Stove Top Smokeless Grill Indoor BBQ
The Kitchen + Home indoor BBQ grill is available in the following two categories
- The Stove Top Grill
- The Stove Top Grill with liners
These both categories are available with the following price range
- You will get the Stovetop grill in $19.99
- The Stove Top Grill with liner is available in $24.99
Following are the features of the Kitchen + Home Stove Top Grill
The premium quality of the Stove Top Grill
- The quality of being it durable make it more convenient to use
- This grill is made with double coated stainless style
- The double-coated stainless steel material of the Stovetop helps in preparing the most delicious Korean BBQ
- You will grill your food without much effort and not much time consuming
The Stove Top Grill helps in cooking healthy food
- The Stove Top Grill will help you in cooking the meat with lower cholesterol
- You will be able to grill the seafood, vegies and all types of meat
- This Stovetop grill is designed with the non-stick plates
- These non-stick plates help you to avoid the sticking
- You will get your grilled food with great taste
- Along with easier cooking, the cleanliness is also simple
- The dishwasher is not harming to it but the hand wash is recommended to clean it
The Dripping pan of the Stove Top grill
- This stovetop grill is designed with an integrated dripping pan
- This integrated dripping pan works well in catching the extra fats and extra greasing oil
- It prevents the flare-ups too
- You will not have to bear unpleasant smok
Pros and Cons
- Helps to add moisture to your food
- Eliminates unpleasant smoke
- Its non-stick grills prevent drying or sticking of the food
- This grill is safe to use on gas and electric stove too
- It might not fit on every stove, so buy this grill according to the size of your stove
- Don’t place frozen food on the hot grill
- Avoid cooking at high temperature
- Fill the liquid ring of the grill with ½ cup of liquid
2. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
The Zojirushi EB-CC15 indoor electric grill is available only in 1 size and in only in Brown color. You will get the Zojirushi indoor grill in $70.69.
Following are the features of the Zojirushi indoor electric grill
- You will find this indoor grill ideal for grilling the steaks
- You will be able to grill chicken, fish, and vegetables too
- The non-stick grill is measured as 12-1/2 by 9-1/4 inches
- This grill is available with variable heat control settings
- Cool-touch handles will help you to avoid burning sensations while using the grill
Pros and Cons
- You will be able to disassemble it easily
- By dissembling the grill, cleanliness will be easier for you
- The dishwasher is safe for cleaning the dripping tray
- This grill is found with large non-stick grilling surface
- The grill design takes the fats away from the food
- The cool-touch handles make its transport easier
- It consumes much time to cook the food
3. TECHEF – TRUE GRILL PAN – Stovetop Nonstick Indoor BBQ Grill
The TECHEF grill is available in the following two styles
- The standard style
- The dome style
You will get these two styles of the TECHEF grill in the following prices
- The Dome style is available in $34.99
- You will find the standard size in $49.99
Following are the features of the TECHEF indoor grill for Korean BBQ
- The set of Dome and standard style includes the 12 inches of the stovetop grill
- You will get this set with extra heavy gauge grill plates
- The aluminum drip tray will let you enjoy the smokeless indoor grilling
Healthy cooking with the TECHEF grill
- Its draining system will keep the fats and grease away from your grilled food
- you will enjoy the grilling of any type of meat
- you will be able to use it with gas stovetop
- equally beneficial for indoor and outdoor grilling
The TECHEF with the Teflon coating
- You will get the finest cooked or grilled food
4. New House Kitchen Stainless Steel Non-Stick Press Grill
The New House Kitchen Stainless steel grill is available in $27.95.
Following are the features of the New House Kitchen Stainless Steel grill
Grill and Press
- In This New House Kitchen Grill, you will get 2 appliances in one
- It works as a Panini press grill and sandwich maker too
- For starting it, you only need to push of a button
- For grilling the food, you will have to adjust the temperature at 180 degrees
Quick preparation of meals
- With the New House grill, you will be able to prepare your meals so quickly
- It’s a perfect choice for grilling up your dinner in a hurry
- You will also have the facility to prepare quick snakes for lunch
- Along with it, cleanliness is also easier and quick
- Just wipe out it within seconds, it’s not time-consuming at all
The New House Kitchen Grill in modern-style
- You will get this grill in modern style and Black stainless steel
- Style and size is appropriate for all the kitchen sizes and styles
- Easier to fit in small corners
- The greased oil is easier to clean from the grill because of stainless steel
- Its sloped design and the non-stick plates also help to wipe it up quickly
- Its drip tray is removable, so simply remove the tray and wash it
- The purchasing policy of this grill is containing the warranty of 1 year
5. Tayama TG-868 Electric Grill
The Tayama electric grill is available in black color with a price range of $35.23.
Following are the features of the Tayama TG-868 grill
- It will help you to get low fat, healthy cooking
- You will be able to avoid burning with the help of cool-touch safety handles
- This grill is designed with the adjustable temperature control
- The setting of the desired temperature is not a problem at all
- For different foods, temperature could be different
- The seafood requires lower heat to be grilled as compare to mutton or beef
Pros and Cons
- Disassemble it easily
- Cleanliness is so easier because of it quick disassembling
- Wash the drip tray with the dishwasher
- Little quantity of water could be added into the food for avoiding oil
- It’s a non-stick electric indoor grill
- It allows you to multiple ingredients for grilling
- You will get it with a large cooking surface
- The drip tray is also available with this grill
- The Tayama grill is designed with the separate heater and the separate grill plate
- After the use of a few months, the non-stick coating comes off
6. Maxi-Matic EMG-980B Large Indoor Electric Round Nonstick Grill
The Maxi-Matic indoor grill is available in the following style
- The Square style
- The Round style
You will get these two styles in the below-listed price range
- The square style grill is priced as $29.99
- You will get the Round style grill in $28.91
Following are the features of the Maxi-Matic indoor grill
Your BBQs will not rain ruin anymore
- The Maxi-Matic indoor grill allows you to enjoy the all fun of BBQ in the comfort of your home
- With this premium indoor electric grill, prepare the most mouthwatering meals
- With this indoor grill, you will save your time by grilling different foods at once
- You will not have to eat stuck food because of non-stick coating on the grilling pan
- Its 14 inches grilling surface will help you to prepare your al favorite food items at once
Helps to have low-fat foods
- The Circular heating feature will help you to get the food evenly cooked in no time
- The cool-touch handles will prevent you to have the nasty burns
Easier cleaning of the grill
- Usually cleaning a grill is extremely frustrating, but this grill is designed with the detachable parts
- The detachable parts make the cleanliness so quick and easier
- With this grill, you will give less time to clean it and more time to enjoy your delicious food
- The extra food fats will drip away while grilling
Pros and Cons
- The Maxi-Matic grill is made with sturdy material
- This grilling product is backed up with a warranty of 1 year
- During 1 year, if you will have any problem with this grill then you will be able to replace it for free
- You will get it with a glass lid
- Its drip pan is removable
- You will find an adjustable thermostat in the design of the Maxi-Matic grill
- Warranty is only 1 year
- After the use of months, the heating function will be not as new
7. CookKing Korean Traditional BBQ Indoor Grill
According to the Amazon experts, the CookKing Korean indoor BBQ grill is considered as the best product among all the grilling products.
Following are the features of the CookKing Korean indoor grill
- This Korean grill is designed with the Titanium coating and with durable material
- It’s a perfect fit for you to have a low-fat diet
Innovative grilling product
- This innovative grilling product is designed to grill any type of food like vegetables, kinds of seafood, and other meats
Pros and Cons
- Its draining system works well in keeping the extra fats and greasing away from your food
- This BBQ grill is designed with the tabletop feature
- You will also be able to use it with gas stovetop
- Warranty is not issued with this product
8. Hamilton Beach 25361 Electric Indoor Searing Grill
The Hamilton Beach indoor grill is available in the following styles
- Multi grill Griddle Bacon style
- Stainless steel lid style
- Stainless steel lid with window style
You will have to pay the following price range to purchase these grill styles
- The Multi Grill style is priced as $59.99
- The Stainless Steel lid style is available in the price range of $58.70
- You will have to pay $64.99 for buying the stainless steel lid with window
Following are the features of Hamilton Beach indoor grill
- This indoor grill with windows is featured with heavier searing heat
- This indoor grill is designed with the adjustable heat settings
- The windowed lid of this grill allows you to keep an eye on grilling food
- It’s easier to clean
- The dishwasher is safe to wash your grill
Pros and Cons
- Its drip tray is removable
- Grill hood is removable too
- It is available with the non-stick cook plate
- there is no endless scrapping to clean your grill
- Its power is 1200 Watts
- The Hamilton Beach grill is powered by the warranty of 1 year
- You will get the searing perfection in it
- The grill plate is removable
- There will be no mess in the drip pan
- Warranty is only for 1 year
9. George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill
You will find the George foreman grill in the following two colors
Following are the features of the George Foreman grill
- You will have 4 servings with this grill at once
- It will allow you to prepare your complete meal along with the veggies and different kinds of seafood too
- This grill is designed with the removable plates
- After grilling your food, you will be able to easily wash it with dishwasher
- It could be preheated 35% faster
- You will get it with tough non-stick coating
- This grill is more durable and easier to clean
- Less need for butter and oil
10. George Foreman 9-Serving Classic Plate Electric Grill
The George Foreman 9-serving grill is available in the following styles
- Horizontal Storage with a fixed hinge style
- Vertical Storage with a Floating hinge style
You will get these styles within the following price range
- The Horizontal Storage with a fixed hinge is available in $50.38
Following are the features of the George Foreman 9-serving grill
The George 9-serving grill is family-sized
- With this grill, you will be able to feed the whole family at once
- This grill is designed with the 144 inches of grilling surface
- It will allow you to have 9 servings at a time
Tough non-stick coating
- Its high-quality non-stick coating makes it more durable
- There is less need for using butter and oil because of its tough non-stick coating
- Its fat-removing slop makes the food low fat
- The fat removing slop takes the extra fats away from the meat to the extent of 42%
Pros and Cons
- You will get it with drip tray
- The dishwasher is safe for cleaning the drip tray
- You will need to give 5 to 8 minutes to grill for pre-heating
- Its indicator lights let you know that it’s ready to start grilling
- You will find it with an adjustable hinge
- Product warranty is not issued
You may also see BBQ Grills Reviews
What is Grilling?
Grilling is a method of cooking food by simply providing the dry heat. You will need a very little quantity for grilling your food like mutton, beef or veggies. In this cooking method, the dry heat is usually applied to the surface of the food.
Commonly, in grilling, food is cooked by providing heat to the above, beneath and the side surface. This whole process is performed by the grills that involve a significant amount of direct or radiant heat.
The radiant heat let the food be cooked so quickly. Grilling is not something new. It’s an older food trend but mesmerizing for the numerous people. While grilling the food just remember the smell of mutton that starts to be cooked on shimmering red coals with an amazing hiss or a shot of fire.
You will get it roasted by dripping all mutton fats on the coals. Its smell will be so appetizing. You will also notice the waving blue smoke around the scorching edges. Grilled food is truly a good way of making healthier food.
What is a grill?
A barbeque grill is a device that cooks food by providing it heat from its bottom. There are several varieties of the grill.
Following are the three main categories of the Barbeque grill
- Gas-fueled grill
- Charcoal grill
- Electric grill
What is the difference between grilling and BBQ?
Cooking time is the only factor which differentiates the grilling and the BBQ. Secondly, the temperature level is also important to be considered. Quality of meat is another reason for the difference between the grilling and BBQ.
For instance, the mutton and beef pieces are found with the thicker layers of fats and they are quite juicy too. That’s why for BBQ, you will have to use the most expensive cuts for mutton and beef.
What kind of Grills are the best options for indoor Korean BBQ?
If you have a charcoal grill or a gas grill then you will not be allowed to use such kind of grills indoor. In case, you are using these grills then your whole house will become a smokehouse. You might face the potential fire hazards because of gas or charcoal grill.
It’s pertinent to mention here that the gas grills and the charcoal grills are larger. Such type of grills will occupy a larger space in your apartment. By considering all these factors, electric grills are the best choice for indoor Korean BBQ.
The electric indoor grill will keep your apartment safe from the harmful smoke. You will find it enough portable and smaller in size too.
What are the things to consider before buying an indoor Korean BBQ grill?
The size of the Grill
You will find the Korean BBQ grills with all the manner of sizes. Before deciding the size of the grill, you will have to measure the counterpart space that you have in your apartment. Therefore, you will need to consider the dimensions of your dining room as well.
The temperature of the Grill
For preparing a Korean BBQ, there is no need for high temperature. In most of the recipes, the grill is needed to reach the 400F temperature. At the heat of 400F, the grill will work perfectly.
Easiness of cleaning the grill
Korean BBQ could cause a mess. While preparing the Korean BBQ, you will have to use a considerable quantity of oil for greasing the mutton or beef. Cleaning this oil after the Korean BBQ meal is one of the big hassles.
In a grill which you will find with a designed tray will make its cleanliness easier.
The durability of the grill
When you are going to buy a grill, it means you are going to make a long term investment because you will use it for a long time. You will not be able to replace it frequently it could make a hole in your pocket.
So, durability is an important factor for buying a grill that could lead it towards a long term use.
Warranty of the Grill
After buying a grill, if you find it defective then definitely there is a need to return it. So, the best thing to happen is the free replacement.
Free replacement is mostly part of the buying or warranty policy. Warranty offer is a big plus about the product so make consideration before buying it.
A quick introduction about the Korean BBQ
Korean BBQ is one of the most popular among the Korean cuisines and dining rituals. This is the trendiest food and also considered as the most wanted dining experience of the numerous people.
Korean BBQ is the only thing that mostly the visitors pick up over there instead of other dining customs. You will find huge choices of meats and cuts for making Korean BBQ.
Following are the traditional reasons for you to try the Korean BBQ
In Korean BBQ, the meats are cut and marinated traditionally. You will find the following types of Korean BBQ.
Bulgogi Korean BBQ
Bulgogi is the most popular meat for preparing Korean BBQ. It’s a thinly sliced tenderloin cut of beef. Before preparing a BBQ, you will need to marinate it in a Korean traditional style. For marinating it, simply you will have to use the soya sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and the garlic paste.
Galbi Korean BBQ
To some extent, Galbi meat is similar to Bulgogi. Galbi is defined as an essential of Korean BBQ dishes. Galbi Korean BBQ is traditionally prepared by using the charcoal fire.
Galbi BBQ dish is made by using the charcoal from a specific tree of Korea. This specific tree helps the meat to get a dense flavor. Galbi is the most wanted staple for the Korean BBQ to have.
Bul-Dak or Dakgogi Korean BBQ
You will find the Bul-Dak or Dakgogi bright red but it’s perfectly spiced. It looks bright red because of being marinated in spices and looks much spicier than its actual taste.
Chadolbaegi Korean BBQ
The Chadolbaegi is non-marinated brisket. For preparing this barbeque dish, the thin slices are usually cut in curly layers. This non-marinated meat is traditionally served with the dipping sauce.
The dipping sauce is prepared with the sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Keep in mind that the thin slices will be cooked so swiftly, you need to watch them during the whole cooking time otherwise burning could happen.
Deungsim Korean BBQ
You will find the Deungsim Korean BBQ in the form of thick-cut sirloin steaks. These steaks are no marinated like the Chadolbaegi thin curly layers. But you will get these cuts with pre-seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic too.
It’s not the most popular Korean BBQ but a favorite of many people.
Use an indoor electric grill
You will find several styles and sizes of the indoor electric grills. The built-in grills take less time in getting heat. In electric grills, the higher power models are most required because of being capable of generating higher heat.
Following are the types of electric grill models
- Counterpart models
- Higher-power models
- Contact models
- Open grill style models
The counterpart models usually come in two styles like open grill-style or contact models. You will observe that the contact models have dual cooking surfaces. Moreover, it is pertinent to mention here that the dual surface grills get heat from the bottom and top at the same time.
On the other hand, if you will get the open style models, you will come to know that these grills are only capable to receive the moderate heat. You will need to make sure that the grill gets heated up before adding food to it.
Following are the instructions for using an electric grill to prepare the Korean BBQ
- Just preheat the grill to medium-high
- You will need to give the grill 10 minutes for getting hot
- It is advised to keep the grill away from water or other liquids
- Marinate the meat if you desire
- Dipping sauce with non-marinated Korean BBQ steaks seem delicious
- You will be able to prepare the sauce with salt, pepper, sesame oil or garlic paste too
- Before preparing the BBQ, you need to spray the grill with oil to prevent sticking
- If you have a non-stick grill, oil spray is not necessary
- With non-stick oil, the spray is recommended for the delicate food like fish or other seafood
- Just allow the food to be cooked half from one side and a half from the other
- With an electric grill, you will also get a food thermometer
- After giving it enough time to cook, you will be able to check its doneness with a food thermometer
- After preparing the BBQ, simply unplug the grill
Grill the BBQ indoors
Inside grilling arrangements could be dangerous, in case you are using the charcoal grill or the propane grill. If you don’t have an indoor grill, you will be able to turn your stove into the grill. Just put the grilling pan on the top of the burner.
Any recipe could be tried for indoor grilling by using you grilling pan on the stove. If you want to prepare BBQ on grilling pan you will need to give it high heat. Give the pan 5 to 10 minutes for pre-heating.
Start an indoor electric grill
The electric grill is the right fit for the people who want a delicious grilled food without much effort. Electricity is the heating source for electric grills. These grills will not produce smoke.
Know the things about the Electric indoor grills
In the electric BBQ grill, you will get the heating oil is made of an alloy nickel and chromium. While electric current passing through the coil then the alloy interrupts the electric flow and get heated up.
The heating elements of the electric grill produce the constant heat to cook the food items well. You will also find the removable plates with such kind of grills. The removable plates make the cleanliness easier.
Different types of electric grills
There are both the outdoor and indoor models are available in the electric grills. But this article is rightly set for the people who want to have the indoor grills. Instead of using the charcoal grill inside, electric grills for indoor BBQ are highly recommended.
Because these grills will not generate any smoke to irritate you during your BBQ party.
Following are the two different categories of the electric grills
The open grills look wise similar to the traditional outdoor grills. These grills are designed with single tray or grate for putting the food on it to be cooked.
Contrary to the open grill, the contact grills are having two heating plates. You will need to place the food between these two plates. You will have to put the meat between these two plates to grill it.
The open type grills get highly heated up than the contact grills.
Ways to start an electric indoor grill?
You need to do the following steps for starting an electric grill
- You will have to connect the electric grill to an electric outlet for starting work with it
- Your electric grill will consume less than the 5 minutes for pre-heating
- There are several models of electric grills that come with only one heat setting to grill the veggies
- Before buying an electric indoor grill, make sure that your grill is designed with the multiple temperature settings
- The different temperature settings could be high, medium and low
- These different heat levels will help you in case you want to cook different food items with a single grill
- The open grill is needed to get pre-heated for preparing the Korean BBQ
Cook food with an electric grill in the following ways
Following are the steps for cooking food by using an indoor electric grill
- Pre-heat the grill until you get the desired temperature
- By using the contact grill, place the meat pieced in the lower middle of the plates and shut the lock
- After getting cooked half from one side, flip the meat slices for getting it cooked well
- You will need to give round about the 20 minutes for getting the meat fully cooked
- When your food is cooked, unplug it and let the grill be cooled completely
Ways to clean an electric grill?
- When you complete the whole cooking session, just remove the plates and grates from the grill
- For cleaning the grill plates, you have two option like washing the grills or wipe them out
- Besides these both options, a wet sponge is also workable to remove the stains or clean it completely